From the description, “Mr. Bowden talked about his book, The Enemies of Christopher Columbus, published by Paper Tiger. In the book, the author addresses the objections to the celebration of Columbus Day, attempting to help people celebrate the holiday as a remembrance of the core values of Western civilization without condoning less civilized behavior by Columbus in the past. Mr. Bowden included examples of how Columbus Day was observed in the past, including the first commemorative stamps and coins issued at the Columbian Exposition, in contrast with the protests of the present. After his presentation he answered questions from members of the audience.”
Keith Weiner is president of the Gold Standard Institute USA in Phoenix, AZ. He is CEO of precious metals fund manager Monetary Metals. He writes for Forbes and other major media outlets about free markets, money, credit, and gold.
Some of the topics covered include:
• What isn’t the problem with the Fed and the dollar?
• Forget about the spin, what is the real purpose of the Fed?
• What does it do to labor?
• What does it do to capital?
• Effect of falling interest rates
• What does it do to the culture?
• Can’t the Fed just raise rates?
• Is there hyperinflation occurring right now, unnoticed?
• Is ZIRP helpful or detrimental for ordinary working people.
• What is the remedy for fixing our monetary system?
• What is the problem with debt never being extinguished?
• How does fiat money play out in the end?
• Explain about the marginal utility/productivity of debt in lay terms
Health Care Reform: Setting Doctors Free [Livestream]
Dr. John David Lewis: Obamacare is a moral assault on free people, and an attack on human life itself.
Government medicine treats doctors as cogs in a giant machine, run from Washington, as if treating patients required no independent thought or action. Twenty-eight states have filed suit against Obamacare, claiming it is unconstitutional. But it is much worse than that. It is a moral assault on free people, and an attack on human life itself. John Lewis has a unique perspective on this issue, both as an advocate for individual rights and as a cancer patient. Don’t miss this hard-hitting lecture on the deepest evil of government medicine.
John David Lewis is a Visiting Associate Professor in the Philosophy, Politics, and Economics Program at Duke University, and a senior research scholar in history and classics at the Social Philosophy and Policy Center, Bowling Green State University. He has taught at the University of London and Ashland University, and is a fellow of the Anthem Foundation for Objectivist Scholarship. He has a PhD in classics from the University of Cambridge. He is an outspoken proponent of free market medicine.