From the description, “Mr. Bowden talked about his book, The Enemies of Christopher Columbus, published by Paper Tiger. In the book, the author addresses the objections to the celebration of Columbus Day, attempting to help people celebrate the holiday as a remembrance of the core values of Western civilization without condoning less civilized behavior by Columbus in the past. Mr. Bowden included examples of how Columbus Day was observed in the past, including the first commemorative stamps and coins issued at the Columbian Exposition, in contrast with the protests of the present. After his presentation he answered questions from members of the audience.”
Keith Weiner is president of the Gold Standard Institute USA in Phoenix, AZ. He is CEO of precious metals fund manager Monetary Metals. He writes for Forbes and other major media outlets about free markets, money, credit, and gold.
Some of the topics covered include:
• What isn’t the problem with the Fed and the dollar?
• Forget about the spin, what is the real purpose of the Fed?
• What does it do to labor?
• What does it do to capital?
• Effect of falling interest rates
• What does it do to the culture?
• Can’t the Fed just raise rates?
• Is there hyperinflation occurring right now, unnoticed?
• Is ZIRP helpful or detrimental for ordinary working people.
• What is the remedy for fixing our monetary system?
• What is the problem with debt never being extinguished?
• How does fiat money play out in the end?
• Explain about the marginal utility/productivity of debt in lay terms
Bill Whittle examines the death of Trayvon Martin and trial of George Zimmerman. Is the acquittal of Zimmerman one of the great civil rights injustices of our time? Find out.
Update: “Lean” does not require Skittles, or the Iced tea. “Lean” is prescription grade codeine cough syrup mixed with some sugary drink, typically Sprite.
Dr. Yaron Brook, president of the Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights, calls for an open immigration policy, saying that the government’s only function should be to protect individual rights.
Lisa Von Damme explains why the purpose of an education is to prepare a child for life.
Students get to ask questions regarding Dr. Leonard Peikoff’s new book “The DIM Hypothesis: Why the Lights in the West are Going Out.”
Video: John Allison on Principled Leadership – Using Ayn Rand’s Values to Create Competitive Advantage in Business
The amazing, John Allison, who as chairman and CEO made BB&T Corporation the 10th largest financial institution headquartered in the United States, attributes the success of BB&T to the concept of Principled Leadership, based on an uncompromising commitment to fundamental values. In this talk, he explains how Ayn Rand’s ethical system can be used practically to create a competitive advantage in any organization.
Part I: Lecture
Part II: Q&A