Imagine each state in America was a country like Europe. Here are the two extremes in America. Wyoming is the state with the most guns per capita. District of Columbia is the least — yet Washington D.C. has the most gun murders. Simply banning potential victims from having guns will not stop criminals from using them. It will only leave the victims disarmed.
- Anti-Gun Laws Benefit Criminals, Terrorists and Politicians, and Leave The Innocent Defenseless – What might have happened if a few of the 1,500 concert attendees in Paris’ Bataclan theater had guns?
- The ‘Gun Control’ Farce: Part I – A disarmed population makes crime a safer occupation and street violence a safer sport.
- The ‘Gun Control’ Farce – Gun control zealots are almost always people who are lenient toward criminals, while they are determined to crack down on law-abiding citizens who want to be able to defend themselves and their loved ones.
- Gun Control Laws Protect Criminals By Disarming Their Law Abiding Victims – The great bulk of the studies show that gun control laws do not in fact control guns. On net balance, they do not save lives but cost lives.
- Guns Save Lives – We almost never hear about these hundreds of thousands of defensive uses of guns from the media, which will report the killing of a dozen people endlessly around the clock.
- Control Criminals Not Guns – Every time there’s a highly publicized shooting, out go the cries for stricter gun control laws, and it was no different with the recent murder of Philadelphia Police Sgt. Stephen Liczbinski. Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell and Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter, in…
- Source for chart data.
“Like most gun owners, I understand the ethical importance of guns and cannot honestly wish for a world without them. I suspect that sentiment will shock many readers. Wouldn’t any decent person wish for a world without guns? In my view, only someone who doesn’t understand violence could wish for such a world. A world without guns is one in which the most aggressive men can do more or less anything they want. It is a world in which a man with a knife can rape and murder a woman in the presence of a dozen witnesses, and none will find the courage to intervene. There have been cases of prison guards (who generally do not carry guns) helplessly standing by as one of their own was stabbed to death by a lone prisoner armed with an improvised blade.” — Sam Harris: The Ethical Importance of Guns